Teaching at FLVS
Teachers at FLVS deliver a high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success. The virtual classroom interaction allows our teachers to offer each student the one-to-one attention he or she needs. Our teachers are empowered and encouraged to make student-focused decisions. As subject matter experts in their content area, instructors also work in cross-teams to provide input to continuously grow and improve FLVS curriculum, coursework, professional development, and systems operations.
FLVS is able to consider candidates with both professional and temporary Florida teaching certificates. Please see individual job postings for the specific certification requirements.
For information regarding teaching Advanced Placement (AP), please click here.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that our teachers have all the support and tools they need to thrive while working virtually. With the flexibility of working virtually and the daily support provided by the FLVS team, FLVS teachers embark on a unique, customized, and rewarding career path.
- An Instructional Leader —comparable to a principal in a brick and mortar school—who is supportive, knowledgeable, available, and dependable (Instructional Leaders are organized by content area)
- A Lead Teacher who serves as a daily support system for a cohort of 6-9 teachers (similar to a Department Chair)
- Teams of 2-4 teachers work together to support one another on a daily basis
- Literacy Coaches assigned to each content area to help reach struggling students and to implement new strategies
- ESE Specialists to help teachers formulate effective strategies for individual students
- Curriculum Specialists readily available to discuss course and content needs
- Guidance Counselors to help guide teachers, students, and their families
- A Practicum Partner for new instructors to shadow as they build their skills in their new position
- Ongoing enrichment through endless professional development opportunities
- FLVS laptop provided with the latest technologies and 24-hour IT support
- Regular invitations to meet-ups in their area, providing the opportunity to build personal relationships with other FLVS employees face-to-face
Click here and join us on a tour through some of our current courses.