Choosing a Career
MyCareerShines is a comprehensive education and career planning system that will help you succeed in the increasingly competitive global economy. You will learn about yourself, discover the many options and opportunities for your future, and gain access to the tools and resources to achieve your goals. MyCareerShines Kuder Navigator® – made just for students in middle and high school – gives you all the information and tools you need to get ready for life after graduation.
- A series of assessments about your interests and skills will help you connect with careers that are just right for you.
- An extensive catalog of careers with easy-to-understand job descriptions will help you learn about the vast array of occupations that are available in the dynamic 21st century economy.
- The online planner will help you create a personal path for education that prepares you for a successful career.
- Information about colleges and financial aid will help you turn your plan into reality.
- When you are ready for work, a variety of online tools will help you create a resume and search for jobs.
Get started today! Create an Account or Log In
This site is sponsored by The College Board and is free to all students. Explore your options: a self-inventory to help plan for college and career, college search, career search, and ideas on how to pay for education beyond high school. Click here to learn more.
Personality & Interest Inventories
Jung Typology Test
Obtain your 4-letter type formula, a description of your personality type, and discover careers and occupations most suitable for your personality type. Click here to access the test.
O*NET Interest Profiler
This is an interactive that tool job seekers and students can use to learn more about their career options. The O*NET Interest Profiler consists of 60 multiple-choice questions and offers personalized career suggestions based on a person's interests and level of work experience, producing a RIASEC score which they can then use to help find occupations that match their interests. Click here to access the site.