Full Time Statewide Assessments
According to Florida law, students must meet all academic requirements in order to earn a standard high school diploma from a public school. This means that students must pass required courses, earn a minimum number of credits, earn a minimum grade point average, and pass the required statewide assessments. Students who meet these requirements but do not pass the required assessments for a diploma will receive a Certificate of Completion, which is not equivalent to a standard high school diploma. Passing scores for the statewide assessments are determined by the State Board of Education.
Review the Florida Department of Education’s testing requirements toward earning a standard diploma.
Florida Statewide Assessment Program
Participation in the assessment program is mandatory for all students enrolled in a public school. The grade-level Florida Assessment of Student Thinking (F.A.S.T.) that public school students are required to participate in measure student achievement of the Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) Standards, Statewide assessments are administered at the following grade levels:
- Kindergarten: Star Early Literacy or Star Reading, Star Math
- Grade 1: Star Early Literacy or Star Reading, Star Math
- Grade 2: Star Reading or Star Math
- Grade 3: FAST Reading and FAST Mathematics
- Grade 4: FAST Reading, B.E.S.T. Writing, and FAST Mathematics
- Grade 5: FAST Reading, B.E.S.T. Writing, FAST Mathematics, Statewide Science Assessment
- Grade 6:FAST Reading, B.E.S.T. Writing, and FAST Mathematics
- Grade 7: FAST Reading, B.E.S.T. Writing, and FAST Mathematics
- Grade 8: FAST Reading, B.E.S.T. Writing, FAST Mathematics, and Statewide Science Assessment
- Grade 9: FAST Reading and B.E.S.T. Writing
- Grade 10: FAST Reading and B.E.S.T. Writing
All assessments are computer based.
Learn more about each assessment and access resources to help prepare for the EOC assessments by clicking on the links for each course website:
Do you have questions regarding statewide assessments? Email [email protected]