Safety & Security
Safety and SecurityFlorida Virtual School is committed to maintaining and enhancing the safety and emotional well-being of students and staff by combining the use of technology and personnel to ensure that our virtual schools and worksites are safe and protected. We believe that our students, families, staff, and community are key partners in keeping our schools safe. You can submit an anonymous report online or via the FortifyFL app.
What Can Parents Do to Ensure Student Safety
Just as our district and schools have safety plans that are reviewed and update regularly, parents need to review their emergency plans as well.
- Be sure that updated emergency contact information is on file in your child's school. This is particularly important if you have had a change in phone numbers or email addresses.
- Be sure the school has the current information about your caregiver/guardian.
- Be sure your child knows what to do/where to go if there is an emergency and no one is at home.
- Be sure your child knows how to reach you at all times.
- Talk to your child about personal safety.
- Teach your child how to recognize danger signals.
- Communicate with your student's school counselor or HR Teacher if there is a concern regarding student safety or mental wellness.
- Discuss Cyber Safety with your student.
- Encourage your student, if they "see something, say something".
- Remember, always call 911 in an emergency.
REMEMBER: If you SEE something, SAY something