Elementary Art Grade 3
Number of Credits
Estimated Completion Time
Learn how to create mixed media art or observe Chokwe masks from Africa! In this course, students will learn the Elements of Art and Principles of Design while they explore art from the past and present. From abstract art by Sonia Delaunay to the organic glass sculptures of Dale Chihuly, students will learn art techniques that will fuel their creative spirit.?
Follow the link below for the Department of Education description for this course:
- Elements of Art: Line, Shape, Color, and Value
- Principles of Design: Movement and Rhythm, Pattern, Emphasis, Contrast
- Master Artists: Sonia Delaunay, John Mawurndjul, Georgia O’Keeffe, Cecilia Beaux
- Art Techniques: Watercolor Paint, Oil and Wax Resist, Tempera or Acrylic Painting, and Oil or Chalk Pastels
- Elements of Art: Space, Form, and Texture
- Principles of Design: Proportion, Balance, Variety, and Unity
- Master Artists: Winslow Homer, Dale Chihuly, Jamini Roy, and Lois Jones
- Art Techniques: Collage, Clay, Mixed Media, and Everyday Objects
Students will need the following materials: printer, cell phone or scanner, notebook, pencils, erasers, scissors, crayons, glue, printer paper, colored paper, and art supplies.
Besides engaging students in challenging curriculum, the course guides students to reflect on their learning and evaluate their progress through a variety of assessments. Assessments can be in the form of practice lessons, multiple choice questions, writing assignments, projects, oral assessments, and discussions. Core courses will use the state-approved grading scale and Special Area courses will use an S or U grading scale.
Courses subject to availability.