Homeschool Frequently Asked Questions

Home education students who take courses through FLVS Flex are not eligible to receive a diploma or GED directly from FLVS. In order to obtain a diploma from FLVS, you will need to enroll in the FLVS Full Time public school program. You will no longer be considered a homeschool student when you register with FLVS Full Time. Students can also return to their zoned high school their senior year to obtain a diploma.

Please contact your district home education office. To learn more about this letter and homeschool requirements, please click here.

View the Course Progression page for course recommendations by grade level.

Parents must verify a student's course request once a selection is made. To verify a request, log into your account and go to the student dashboard page. Click on the green checkmark next to the red “X” icon on the right-hand side of the page to complete the parent/guardian enrollment verification. Students do not have the verification feature within their own account, so you will need to verify all course requests before your student can begin a course. Once parent approvals have been completed, your student will be placed with the next available instructors. Please be sure to have your student monitor their account for placement information.

Visit the Counselor Office to speak with a FLVS counselor.

Upon completion of your Kindergarten – grade 12 schooling, you will need to submit the homeschool completion affidavit. According to State University System (SUS) general admission requirements, homeschool students should submit an affidavit (page 12) attesting that he or she has completed a home education program including the 4-4-3-3 core curriculum plus 2 consecutive levels of a Foreign Language. This affidavit must be signed by the student's parent or legal guardian.

According to f.s. 411002, state tests are one of the possible measures acceptable for providing the required annual educational evaluation.

Please note that although home education students are not required to take standardized state tests, if a home education student returns to a public school, the student may be asked to take these tests at that time. If you have any additional questions regarding the EOC, please contact our testing team at or visit Test Prep for EOC.

If you plan to take the FCAT, please contact your district to discuss testing dates/times as soon as possible. Many schools require at least 2 months notification for testing.

Unique requirements apply to Florida homeschool students who receive a school choice scholarship to receive educational services, including the Gardiner Scholarship (PLSA). Learn more here.