FLVS Flex Statewide Assessments
Below is a list of statewide assessments administered in Florida. Note that FLVS does not administer these assessments. Students taking courses with FLVS will test at their zoned school or other location designated by the district. The Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) measure student achievement of the Florida Standards. Grade-level assessments consist of Mathematics and English Language Arts (ELA), which is a Writing test and a Reading test. End-of-Course (EOC) assessments measure mastery of the standards required for any given EOC subject course.
- Grade 3: FSA ELA Reading and FSA Mathematics
- Grade 4: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, and FSA Mathematics
- Grade 5: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, FSA Mathematics, and Statewide Science Assessment
- Grade 6: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, and FSA Mathematics
- Grade 7: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, and FSA Mathematics
- Grade 8: FSA ELA Writing, FSA ELA Reading, FSA Mathematics, and Statewide Science Assessment
- Grade 9: FSA ELA Writing and FSA ELA Reading
- Grade 10: FSA ELA Writing and FSA ELA Reading
- Algebra 1, Geometry, Biology 1, Civics, and U.S. History EOCs
Grades 3-6 FSA ELA and Mathematics assessments and Grades 5 and 8 Statewide Science Assessments are paper-based tests. Grades 7-10 ELA and Mathematics assessments and EOCs are computer-based tests.
Students enrolled in a public school are required to participate in statewide assessments. Those students enrolled in a course that offers an EOC assessment are required to take the EOC and the results of the assessment must constitute 30% of their final grade in the course. Students enrolled in an English Language Arts, Mathematics, or EOC subject course at FLVS should make testing arrangements with their school counselor. Scores will be returned to the student’s school of record, not FLVS.
FLVS Full Time students should view testing information here. The Full Time school will reach out to FLVS Full Time students with a date, time, and location for testing.
Accommodations will be provided for students with documented IEP or 504 Plans on file with their zoned school district. Ensure the school has all necessary documentation prior to test day and knows what accommodations are allowed.
Students should discuss with their school counselor how assessment results will affect their final course grade and graduation options. Students may earn additional designations (Scholar or Merit) on their standard high school diploma based on EOC results in specific courses. View the Graduation Requirements for Florida’s Statewide Assessments to review which assessments are required for a standard high school diploma.
Students enrolled in a Home Education program may participate in statewide assessments. Each district’s Home Education office is required, per s. 1002.41, Florida Statutes, to provide students with the date, time, and location for the administration of each assessment. If this information is not received, students/parents should reach out to their local Home Education office. FLVS does not arrange statewide testing for home education students, nor does FLVS receive scores once testing is complete.
Per s. 1002.01, Florida Statutes, parents must provide an annual education evaluation of the student’s educational progress to the superintendent. One way to satisfy this evaluation is by participating in statewide assessments. To view other ways to satisfy this requirement, visit the Florida Department of Education’s home education requirements.
Note that statewide assessments are optional for Home Education students. The results of the assessment do not affect the student’s final course grade, nor should the results be used for promotion/retention purposes.
Private school students taking courses with FLVS may participate in statewide EOC assessments if permitted by the district in which they reside. Private school students who plan to enroll in a public school in the future and would like to participate in testing should reach out to their private school counselor or contact the local school board office for guidance. Students should follow the district’s policies regarding testing private school students; some districts may not allow private school students to test.
Private school students who are enrolled under the McKay or Florida Tax Credit Scholarship programs may participate in statewide assessments regardless of the district’s testing policy on private school students. Please contact your private school counselor or the local school board office for directions.
- The Grades 7-8 FSA Mathematics and Algebra 1 and Geometry EOC computer-based assessments contain technology-enhanced items that require students to interact with test content to select, construct, and/or support the student’s answer. For that reason, FLVS has designed practice test guides that will assist students while taking the practice test for these specific assessments. By using these guides, students will have a better understanding of the test functionalities, tools, and question types.
- The Florida Department of Education has created PowerPoints to ensure students understand what to expect on testing days. You may review any one of the Student PowerPoints listed below.
- Spring 2018 FSA Paper-Based Grades 4–7 ELA Writing
- Spring 2018 FSA Paper-Based Grade 3 ELA Reading
- Spring 2018 FSA Computer-Based Grades 4–10 ELA Reading and Grades 8–10 ELA Writing
- Spring 2018 FSA Computer-Based Grades 3–8 Mathematics and EOCs
Still have questions?
Please contact the FLVS assessment team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding statewide assessments.